- Confidentiality and embargo
- The information and documents contained on this Site (together the ʺMaterialsʺ) are confidential and are provided for you for use in reporting of the research described. You shall keep the Materials confidential and shall not (except as permitted under clause 1.b below) disclose any Materials to any person or entity prior to expiry of the embargo period for the Materials.
- Subject to clause 1.c, you may share Materials with independent specialists (ʺIndependent Specialistsʺ) prior to the expiry of the embargo period solely for the purposes of soliciting informed comment from such Independent Specialists in respect of such Materials.
- You shall ensure that any Independent Specialists maintain confidentiality of such Materials and do not disclose them prior to the embargo period for the relevant Materials.
- If you are employed or engaged by any wire service, any item which you produce which relates to any Materials must always contain the relevant embargo period at the head of such item. You shall not release any such item to the wire service’s customers or clients prior to 24 hours before expiry of the relevant embargo period.
- You agree and acknowledge that any Materials may contain sensitive or confidential information not yet disclosed to the public. Using, sharing or disclosing such Materials to others in connection with securities dealing or trading may be a violation of insider trading under the laws of several countries, including, but not limited to, the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the US Securities Exchange Act of 1934, each of which may be subject to penalties and imprisonment.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may suspend or revoke access by you to any Site if we consider (in our sole discretion) that you have breached this clause 1. The duration of any suspension shall be determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Sharing information post-embargo
- We hereby grant to you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable licence to use and publish any Materials after expiry of the relevant embargo period for the purposes of contemporaneous news reporting.
- You are permitted to reproduce images or other multimedia from the Site for contemporaneous news reporting, provided always that the relevant credit information is displayed on any reproduction.
- You acknowledge and agree that, if you wish to use images or multimedia from the Site for any purposes other than those specified at clause 2.b, you must seek permission from either: (i) the copyright holder (if named on the Site); or (ii) the author of the relevant research paper (if the copyright holder is not named on the Site).
- You are not permitted to store images or multimedia from the Site for future use in unrelated news reporting.